Getting married in one of Nanaimo’s beautiful parks, on the beach or in a tranquil park setting is an ideal way to start a lifetime together. A few basic rules apply when using our public parks for wedding ceremonies.
These celebrations may have impacts on the environment and other parks visitors experience. In an effort to minimize these impacts, wedding parties should obtain a permit by calling 250-755-7517.
Nanaimo Wedding Parks:
- Neck Point Park – Our most popular wedding ceremony location is in North Nanaimo. Parking is available but limited.
- Bowen Park – This beautiful park located in central Nanaimo offers many locations for outdoor wedding ceremonies. Parking is available
- Pipers Lagoon – A beautiful location for a ceremony with a large grassy area that is in easy walking distance. Parking is available but limited.
Nanaimo Wedding Facilities:
- Beban Park Recreation Centre
- Bowen Park Complex
- Departure Bay Activity Centre
- Harewood Activity Centre Kin Hut Activity Centre
- Rotary Activity Centre